- News from the ICN Secretariat
- Member news
- Events/opportunities including calendars for events and SC and BOA meeting
- News from the ICN Secretariat
- ICN has now been selected amongst more than 200 candidates to participate at the pre-COP22 event “Climate Chance” in Nantes, France from 26-28 September 2016. This international event will host a number of NGO-organisations presenting their solutions in the fight against climate change. During this event, ICN will arrange a panel debate with a moderator and 2-3 cluster executives with the following theme: Tackling climate change: Cooperation and competition among cleantech clusters During the summer, ICN will organise the panel debate in order to demonstrate how cleantech clusters can provide sustainable solutions against climate change.
- ICN Annual Meeting took place on 16-19 May 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa. The event took place in conjunction with the African Utility Week that provided excellent possibilities for accompanying business delegations to seek opportunities and meet like-minded industry partners in the green economy. The event also allowed for ICN to develop new strategies especially focusing on how ICN could create added value for its members.
- ICN member Tenerrdis has generously offered to host next year’s ICN Annual Meeting in Lyon, France in conjunction with the large conference “Be Positive” which focuses on energy and environmental performance of buildings and regions. The event will take place on 8-10 March 2017 and preparations for this event has already begun.
- As of 1 June 2016, 2 new interns have started at CLEAN/ICN Secretariat: Maria Dominguez from Portugal and Scott Allison from Scotland. Maria is studying development studies at Copenhagen business school and will be focusing on ICN Annual Meeting in Lyon, ICN newsletters, communication tools amongst other ICN-related work tasks. Scott has a master degree in sustainable cities and will primarily focus on the C40 project and funding programmes for ICN.
- Member news
- Copenhagen City Data Exchange: On Wednesday 18 May – during the ICN Annual Meeting in Cape Town – a big data platform was launched at Copenhagen City Hall by the Lord Mayor Frank Jensen. The CDE is a result of an innovative tender project implemented by CLEAN. The CDE has already received much international coverage, one example: http://cities-today.com/copenhagen-to-launch-worlds-first-city-data-marketplace/
- Écotech Québec has a new member: Produits Suncor Énergie. Check their website here.
- David Heurtel, minister of sustainable development of Canada, submitted a bill in order to ease Quebec’s access to zero emission vehicles. Follow the link (in French) if you want to know more details about it.
- The Québec government is making public its 2030 energy policy. See more information here.
- The 29th World Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exhibition (EVS29) will take place in Montréal from the 19th until the 22nd June 2016. See more information regarding the event (in French).
- Québec City welcomes the Nano 2016 Conference which focus will be on nanostructured materials. The event will take place from the 7th until the 12th August 2016.
- The 28th International Mineral Processing Congress will take place in the Québec City Convention Center from the 11th until the 15th September 2016. See more information regarding the event.
Green Tech Cluster
- The Eco World Styria cluster is evolving. With its new strategy, the World‘s No. 1 from the “green march” aims to strengthen its impact and to initiate technology projects. Subsequently, the cluster also changed its name being called from the 18th May Green Tech Cluster Styria.The new link to their website is the following: https://www.greentech.at/
- From the first green industrial brewery in the world in Leoben-Göss to solar technology in the form of the Grätzel type cell, more about the current highlights of the cluster can be learned here.
- Bangkok relies on waste-to-energy: In the framework of a large-scale order, Christof Industries supplies and installs the core components of a high-tech waste incineration plant in Bangkok. The plant will process fresh household waste as well as waste coming from a landfill which will also be removed in the process The system will be brought on-line in late 2016.
- GreenCape successfully hosted the ICN annual meeting in May in conjunction with African Utility Week, which was well visited with stakeholders from all over the world!
Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster
- LE2C will be welcoming visitors in their boot onthe 21st and 23rd of June at POWER-GEN EUROPE in Milan. The cluster will be also organizing various activities in the energy fair and would like to involve ICN members and their companies who will be at the Expo:
o A Networking Cocktail in collaboration with P-G and Unicredit will take place on the 21st of June from 7.30pm to 10.30pm. Since places are limited, it is appreciated that confirmations are made by Monday 13th June (specifying Name, organization, role and e-mail) to firstname.lastname@example.org
o Face to Face meetings with international companies will take place on the 23rd of June from 10am to 6pm. The B2B will take place in the Suite 1, MiCo South, second floor. To plan your personal meetings please follow the instruction in the word file and send the company profile filled in all its parts by Monday 13th June to: email@example.com. Participation is free of charge.
o A seminar at the Conference Theater on: “Dispersed Generation & Microgrids: The New Backbone of the Electric System” will also take place on the 23rd from 1.00pm until 3.30pm. This seminar is organized together with Research for Energy Systems and five innovative companies associated to our Cluster LE2C. The participation is free of charge, for the program and registration please click here.
o Free visitor entrance ticket can be get by registering here as an attendee on-line, providing the coupon code PGE16-ET and choosing Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster as exhibitor.
- A new alliance of OREEC, WWF, Bellona, Zero, and Solar Association now proposes a number of concrete measures that together will ensure a Norwegian market for solar energy in Norway, and facilitate decentralized energy production with locally produced electricity and households. Click here for more information.
- OREEC is organizing, in partnership with local organizations, the Green capital and Demo Day for Techmakers Green that will take place on the 08th June 2016 in Oslo. The event is focused on what Norwegian businesses have to offer and how businesses and technology providers can help steer industrial development in a greener direction.
- OREEC is responsible for the Seminar “Fossil-free and renewable – fuel of the future today” that will take place on the 10th June in Lillestrøm during the Norway Trade Fairs. The seminar will be focused on environment, safety and competence.
- OREEC will be actively participating in the biannual World Hydrogen Energy Conference (WHEC) that will take place in Zaragoza from the 13th until the 16th June.
- OREEC will host a Circular Economy conference on the 13th of September in Oslo, with focus on Circular Procurement and construction and demolition waste. The speakers list includes experts from Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the UK.
- OREEC develop and coordinate a report on visions for the waste-based bio economy in Scandinavia together with leading researchers, as part of the SusValueWaste project.
- OREEC co-organizes a Norwegian stand at the INTERSOLAR fair in Munich between the 22nd and the 24th June. Take a look at the updated programme.
- OREEC collaborates with Omsorgsbygg Oslo KF, a municipal enterprise, being one of Norways largest property managers, who now requests Zero Emission Construction Sites. C02 emissions from working machines represents 25% of the emissions from transport in the city of Oslo, and is a target area for actions to reduce emissions.
- The Institute for energy research (IFE) was recently awarded two large research programmes, both of 8 years’ duration. One on solar energy, the other on zero emission transport. The Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) is awarded a similar research programme on Sustainable Bio-based Fuels and Energy. All programmes include several industry partners. OREEC cooperates with both IFE and NMBU, creating business opportunities for companies in the Oslo Region related to the activities within the research programmes.
Renewable Energy Hamburg
- A new energy center (in German) has now opened in Hamburg, focusing on cleantech. The opening of “Energy Georgswerder” will take place on the 18th June.
- EEHH will be organizing the workshop “Export-Market: Turkey Windenergy” (in German) that will take place in Itzehoe close to Hamburg on the July 6th.
- EEHH will cooperate with the Canadian German Chamber of Industry and Commerce Inc. to prepare a “Canada Side Event” at the WindEnergy Hamburg 2016. The event will count with 80 participants and take place on September 29th2016.
Research Triangle Cleantech Cluster
- The RTCC is a supporting partner, along with NC Regional Internet of Things (NC RIoT) of the 2016 Smart Cities Innovation Summit. The event will take place in Texas from the 13th until the 15th June. The focus will be to promote the Region’s strengths in cleantech and IoT.
Sustainable Business Hub Sweden
- SBH is organizing, along with the Division of Research, Cooperation and Innovation (FSI), a meeting between researchers and enterprises. The event will take place in Lund on the 17th June. The focus will be Magma urban area -urban supply systems for sustainable cities.
- Tenerrdis will participate on the Journée Business Hydro (Hydro Business Day) that will take place at Grenoble on the 9th June. The focus will be to connect the main actors of the hydropower sector. For more information, see here.
- Tenerrdis will have a stand in the INTERSOLAR, being among the more than 1,000 expected exhibitors. The event will take place between the 22nd and the 24th June in Munich.
- TWEED is organizing an event focused on renewables & hydrogen. The event will take place in Colruyt, near to Brussels, on the 28th June. See more information here.
- TWEED will be present with a booth in WindEnergyHamburg (stand B1.OG.426). It is a good opportunity for BtoB in the field of wind energy! The event will take place from the 27th until 30th June in Hamburg.
- TWEED will be present in Milano for the POWER-GEN & BtoB along with the members from Lombardia.
- TWEED has attended a EU event “Repowering Europe” for 6th GA of Smartgrids EU technology platform. The presentation is available here.
- Events/opportunities for members
- Go visit LE2C in their boot between the 21stand 23rd of June at POWER-GEN EUROPE in Milan. The cluster will be also organizing various activities in the energy fair and would like to involve ICN members and their companies who will be at the Expo. Check their flyer:
- From the 25th to 27th October 2016, a Cluster & Business Cooperation Seminar & Matchmaking Event within the context of The Green Expo 2016 will be held in Mexico City, Mexico. The agenda will aim to foster cooperation between clusters and SMEs from Europe and clusters and SMEs from Mexico. This is a great opportunity for cluster organisations and up to three of their SMEs. The cluster and SME matchmaking event will represent a unique opportunity for:
o representatives of European cluster organisations interested in cluster collaboration with Mexico to explore possible common areas of interest for cooperation and complementarities, in terms of sectoral, value chain, and market focus of their SMEs and other companies; and
o representatives of European SMEs interested in establishing cooperation partnerships with SMEs from Mexico to introduce low carbon related technologies within the Mexican market.
A call for expression of interest has been launched in the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP) to identify a European delegation composed of representatives from cluster organisations and SMEs from technology fields in support of the following areas: Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Waste Management, and Wastewater that are willing and committed to participate in an EU-Mexico Cluster Matchmaking Event in the context of The Green Expo 2016.
Expressions of interest to participate in this mission must be submitted electronically by midday (CET) on the 20th June 2016 at the latest to EUmatchmaking@spi.pt.
If you have questions regarding the event please contact Mark Spinoglio and Noelia Dosil at EUmatchmaking@spi.pt.