This week we promote South Africa, its business opportunities and the possibility of using the services and facilities of GreenCape through the ICN Passport. If your cluster has an interest in this South or southern Africa or would like to know more about business opportunities in the region, GreenCape can assist.
GreenCape cross-border matchmaking
The GreenCape XB-G initiative is a cross-border business matchmaking facility for green firms and entrepreneurs. The XB-G team helps international inbound firms and entrepreneurs looking for South African partners in the green economy. They can assist with contacts, introductions and matches to South African businesses. In addition, they offer matchmaking activities for trade offices, missions and other inbound interests. The XB-G service can be accessed via the ICN passport.
GreenCape’s other services
GreenCape’s helpful, responsive, sector experts provide:
- Market information and insight that is free, credible and impartial (access their market intelligence reports here)
- An advocacy platform for businesses to remove barriers to business opportunities
- Access to networks of key players in government, industry, finance and academia
- A focus on market opportunities in the renewable energy, energy efficiency, waste, agriculture and water sectors
Major opportunity areas
- Robust South African & African demand for utility-scale wind and solar projects (±R200bn since 2011, >1GW capacity procured per annum) • Rooftop solar PV • Component manufacture
- Industrial • Commercial • Agricultural • Government • Residential
- Bioenergy • Secondary materials value chains
- Water reuse and recycling • Decentralised treatment • Energy and water • Precision irrigation
This is another benefit to be a partner of International Cleantech Network.